Are you looking to learn how to export from Canada to the U.S.? Whether you’re at the earlier stages of assessing your market expansion potential to the U.S., or if you’re looking to adapt your existing export strategy in a post-pandemic world, this guide will give you the practical information you need to expand south of the border. And now’s the perfect time to do so.
With the pandemic catalyzing e-commerce trends and ushering in a new golden age of online shopping, it’s now easier than ever for businesses to cross borders and find customers from anywhere. Many small business owners believe shipping from Canada to the U.S. is only for large companies, and securing customs requirements are not worth their efforts. To the contrary, once you get over the initial learning curve of clearing customs, a vast new market opportunity awaits.
Before you can start shipping to the U.S., you’ll want to have a full understanding of the risks and costs associated with selling in the U.S. market. Knowing them from the get-go will help you craft a strong export strategy and avoid costly missteps.
In this guide, you will learn:
- How to assess the U.S. market potential for your business
- What exporters need to know about the USMCA
- The basics of HS codes, customs documentation and duties
- Supply chain capacity considerations when expanding to new markets
- Considerations for working with a trusted shipping partner